To enable Tipping in Register:
- Log into your account at atVenu.com
- Click on the Menu button in the upper left corner
- Click on Register Setup from the slide-out menu
- The page will default to, or click Register Settings
- Click Tipping from the menu on the left
- Click on Enable Tipping and update the preset percentages or $ amounts as desired
- Click to Enable Custom Tips which will also allow the customer to enter a custom $ or % tip amount in addition to the preset percentages
On atVenu Register:
- Once Tipping has been enabled for the account under Register Settings, customers will be presented with a Tipping screen after a credit card has been processed at checkout
Please Note: If your show is Tax on Top enabled, tips are calculated against the transaction/cart total (Price+Tax)
Locating Total Tips on the Register Report
Tip are displayed on the Register Report in the following places:
- On the Home page the total Tips collected are listed near the top of the page next to $/Head and Avg. $
- On the Artists page, scroll down to find total Tips collected
- On the Registers page, scroll down for Tips collected by Register
- If you are running Multiple Stands, the Registers page becomes Stands. Scroll down for Tips collected by stand. Click to expand a stand to see a Tips by Register
Note: To locate Tips by Register on the Registers page, click the >arrow on the right to reveal more columns which include Tips:
- The atVenu Credit Card Processing Fee is applied to all transactions, including Tips
- Tips are included in the Total CC Receipts
Why do I get a “Unable to Tip” message?
In a small number of situations, a customer’s credit card may only have enough authorization room to process the original transaction, but not the tip. In this case, you’ll get a message in atVenu Register that says "Unable to Tip - $xx is the max amount allowed on card. Unable to tip"
Article is closed for comments.