When you activate atVenu Register, you are required to provide certain information in order to comply with “Know Your Customer” (or KYC) legal regulations which are intended to prevent abuse of the financial system. This information varies depending on country, and whether you are registering as an Individual, or a Company, however the basic requirements are:
- Collect information about the Individual or Company creating the account and/or receiving funds
- Verify that the supplied information is accurate
Any organization that collects and pays out funds to individuals or businesses, is required to collect, and verify information about its customers in order to comply with KYC regulations.
Payment processing services for atVenu Register are provided by Stripe.
When you activate Register, Stripe needs to gather certain information in order to verify your identity. Stripe first attempts verification using the minimum requested information, however sometimes needs to collect additional information about a customer in order to complete the verification process. In these instances, you will be asked to provide additional information which can include full Social Security, or Social Insurance Number, and copy of Government Issued ID (Driver's License, Passport).
Stripe's verification process can take up to 1 business day to complete. Please be sure to allow enough time before your first event for account verification.
Please also see: atVenu Terms and Conditions
For more information on how to activate Register using either a US or Canadian Bank Account, please see:
- Setting up atVenu Register with a US Bank Account (Artist Account)
- Setting up atVenu Register with a US Bank Account (Venue/Festival Account)
- Setting up atVenu Register with a Canadian Bank Account (Artist Account)
- Setting up atVenu Register with a Canadian Bank Account (Venue/Festival Account)