Offline Mode can be enabled even if the Register or iOS device you are using to run atVenu Register does not have an internet connection. If you need to enable Offline Mode due to lack of WiFi or Cellular Service, follow the steps below.
To enable Offline Mode for the first time on your account, you will need to log in to atVenu.com which will require an internet connection. If you are unable to log in to your account, please contact support@atVenu.com for assistance.
With Offline Mode enabled, atVenu Register will automatically switch between online and offline as network conditions allow. Transactions that occur while in Offline Mode will be stored on the device until an internet connection is restored. At that time, the stored transactions will be processed.
To enable Offline Mode:
- Log into your atVenu account at atVenu.com
- Click on the Menu button in the upper left corner
- Click on Register Setup from the slide-out menu
- The page will default to, or click Register Settings
- The page will default to, or click Offline Mode
- Click the box next to Allow to enable offline transactions
- Enter the $ Transaction Limit you want to enforce while offline
- Enter the Authorization Timeout Limit you would like to allow
The Authorization Timeout lets you adjust how long atVenu Register tries to authorize a payment online. After the timeout period (seconds), the payment is moved into Offline Mode and will be processed as network conditions allow. By default, the limit is set to 10 seconds.
- Make note of the Offline Activation Code. You'll need to enter this into the atVenu Register app on your Point of Sale device
On the Register device:
- Tap on the Menu button in the upper left corner
- Tap on the Settings button from the menu
- Tap on Offline
- Enter the Offline Activation Code
- Tap the Activate Offline Mode button
- Offline Mode is now enabled on the device
Transactions that occur while in Offline Mode will be stored on the device until an internet connection is restored. At that time, the stored transactions will be processed. Offline transactions may get declined by the bank when processed. You are responsible for all declined transactions. Please ensure you get back online as soon as possible to limit your risk of declined transactions.