Show Settlements are a feature of our Merch Mgmt packages. The Settlement page can be accessed on desktop at atVenu.com, or on mobile via the Artist Manager app. This article will walk you through the Settlement process for an Artist Account on desktop.
Access the Settlement Page:
- Click the Settle button from the bottom of the Nightly Count page
This takes you to the Settlement page, it does not complete the show. You can return to the Nightly Count page at anytime prior to completing the Settlement to make adjustments
Confirm Venue & Show Details:
All of the Venue and show details are editable from the top of the Settlement page. Simply click into any field to edit. The Venue Rep name and phone number must be saved in order to finalize the show Settlement.
Remember, atVenu auto-saves your changes. There is not a save button on the page.
- Enter Paid Attendance to calculate $/Head
- Select Venue or Artist for Tax Retained
In most cases, whoever is vending will retain the taxes. However, taxes are the responsibility of the Artist unless the Venue specifically states that they are retaining. You can confirm this with the Venue Rep when Settling the show.
- Select Venue or Artist for Cash Collected, this is who sold merch and collected cash.
Vend Fee %:
If you have Vend Fee enabled for your tour under Manage Tours, this additional line will appear on your Settlements. For more on Vendor Fee see: Enabling Vend Fee % for Settlements.
- Select Venue or Artist for CC Collected By. This is who sold merch and collected the CC sales.
- Add a name or label if desired in the in the CC/Other Payment field
- Enter total CC Receipts($). If you're using atVenu Register, this field will automatically populate for you. This total is also available on the Register Report for atVenu Register users
- Enter the CC Fee(%).
- The Fee($) will calculate automatically calculate. This amount is deducted from the Gross
Here you can enter any Show Costs to be included in the Settlement. One of the most common Show Costs is Bootleg, so we’ll use that as our example:
- Click into the Description field and enter “Bootleg”
- Use the Show Cost Type dropdown to select where the Show Cost should be applied. In this scenario, use Off Top Paid to Venue
- Enter the actual cost associated in the Cost($) field
- Use the (+)Plus button to add additional rows as needed
All financial details are now calculated below, broken down by Merch and Music, with Adjusted Gross Totals for each.
- Confirm your Gross Sales, the Total Due Artist and the Total Due Venue amounts
Adjusted Gross = Total Gross Sales - CC Fees - Taxes - any saved off the top costs
- The Total Due Venue can be adjusted by using the Venue Adjustment field. This is useful for rounding to even numbers
Final Payment shows the balance due to the Venue or Artist and how it’s to be paid out: Cash, Check or To Follow. The total amount due will be automatically entered when method is selected. You can also split this payment. For instance, click on Cash and enter the amount you want to pay in cash. The Check column will automatically update with the remaining balance.
- You must select a Payment Method to complete the Settlement
Signature & Finish:
- Add any additional notes pertaining to the show or Settlement in the Notes area
- Obtain the Venue Rep signature in the Signature area
- Click Done to finish
- You can go back to your Counts to make edits at any time, prior to hitting Done, by clicking on the Counts button
- Clicking Done will automatically trigger Settlement emails to all appropriate parties, including your User and Email Lists, and the email address saved as Venue Rep
- The show is now moved from Upcoming to Completed Routing
- Settling a show on mobile (Artist Account)
- How do I unlock a Settlement? (Artist Account)
- Working with Counts on desktop (Artist Account)
- Managing your User List (Artist Account)
- Managing your Email List (Artist Account)