For Artist Accounts, Counts is a feature of our Merch Mgmt packages. This article provides a complete overview including Count In, Count Out, Adjustments, and more.
Counts can be accessed on desktop at atVenu.com, or on mobile via the Artist Manager app. If you use multiple devices simultaneously while working with Counts, be sure to allow enough time for changes to sync, and remember to refresh the page to load any new changes that might have been made on the other device.
This article will walk you through Counts for an Artist Account using the Artist Manager mobile app.
atVenu auto-saves your changes. There is no Save button on the Count pages.
To Edit Show Information:
- Tap on the show from the Routing page
- Tap the Pencil button
Not all show information can be changed on the mobile app. You are not able to update the Venue name, location, or capacity details on the Artist Manager app. Those changes must be done online at atVenu.com.
- Update Venue Rep details, Venue Cuts, or Tax Rates for the show
- Tap <Show in the upper left to go back when finished
The Count In page will pull in all of the items you have saved to the tour.
- Select the show you want to Count In from the Routing page
- Tap the Count In button
- Select the item you want to Count In
- Enter your Count In quantities
- Count In quantities are deducted from your Tour Inventory or Trailer as they are now part of the show stock
- Tap <Count Ins in the upper left to go back to your list of items, select another item and repeat
Once any show's Count In page has been accessed, the existing prices are saved to each item for that particular show. To change prices for individual items once you've accessed the Counts page see: How do I change prices for individual shows? (Tour Merch Mgmt).
Count In Carry Over:
Utilize the Carry Over feature if you want to automatically input the Count Out quantities from the previous show into the current show's Count In. You can always edit the Count In quantities prior to Count Out.
Adds & Comps:
- Tap the Add or Comp button from the show page
- Select an item
- Enter your Add or Comp quantities
- To enter multiple Adds, use the 1st, 2nd, 3rd cells
- To enter multiple, or make edits to previously entered Comps, tap into a cell and enter your new, total Comp quantity
- Adds and Comps impact your show stock
Note: Adds entered on the Counts page are added to the Total In for the show, but are not added to Tour Inventory or Trailer stock.
Count In Completion:
At the bottom of the Count In page, you're presented with a summary of your Count In, broken down by Merch and Music. Once your Count In Gross is agreed upon, your Count In is complete. You can return at any time during the show to enter Adds or Comps.
Crew Sales & Other Comps:
Crew Sales are pulled from your master Tour Inventory, or trailer, not the show stock. When you enter Crew Sales for the show, the associated dollar amounts will be represented as Cash on Hand on the Settlement. Crew Sales are not included in your Gross Sales.
Other Comps are Comps that are pulled from your master tour inventory, or Trailer, not the show stock.
- Tap Crew Sale or Other Comp from the show page
- Select an item
- For Crew Sales, enter the quantity and dollar amount
- For Other Comps, enter the quantity and repeat as needed
You can make adjustments for any item, for a specific show, by tapping Adjustments in the upper right corner from any of the Count pages. Changes made to items from Adjustments apply to the current show only. This allows you to adjust prices per item/per show, for example.
- Change Price: Change the price of any item by size for the show
- Tax Override: Change the Tax Rate being applied to a specific item for the show
- Venue % Override: Change the Venue Cut being applied to a specific item for the show
- Tap the Count Out button from the show page
- Select the item you want to Count Out
- Enter your Count Out quantities
- Tap <Back in the upper left to select the next item to Count Out, and repeat
Once Count Out is complete, it's time to Settle the show. Access the Settlement page by tapping the Settle button. This takes you to the Settlement page, it does not complete the show. You can return to Counts at anytime prior to completing the Settlement to make adjustments.
All items Counted In must have a Count Out quantity entered (even if it’s 0(zero)) to proceed to the Settlement page.
Alternate Counts View:
If you prefer to see everything on one page, you can utilize the Counts view which takes on a more traditional page layout. In this view, you can slide left/right through columns. Rotate your device to see more columns on screen.
- To access, tap Counts in the upper right from the show page
- Toggle between All or just In quantities from the top of the page
- From the Counts view you have access to all of the adjustments via the row of buttons below each item: Count In, Adds, Comps, Count Out, More (Crew Sales, Other Comps)
- Working with Counts on desktop (Artist Account)
- How do I unlock a Settlement (Artist Account)
- How do I get the Artist Manager or Register apps on my iPad or iPhone?