With our SoundScan Reporter package, you can submit your nightly Venue music sales to SoundScan on atVenu.com or on our Artist Manager mobile app. This article will cover the process of submitting sales to SoundScan using our Artist Manager mobile app.
For information on how to submit sales on the web, click here
To submit music sales on the Artist Manager mobile app:
- Log in, then select your tour
- Tap to select the show you would like to submit sales for
- Tap the Sales button
- On the next screen, enter the quantities sold in the Number Sold cell for each item
- Adjust prices in the Sale Price ($) cells as needed
- Tap Next at the bottom of the screen, or tap Submission in the upper right corner
- Below the music item list, confirm the Venue Rep details, or add them as needed. A Venue Rep name, and phone number are required. A Venue Rep email is optional, but recommended
- Then, tap the Add Signature button
- Rotate your device, and have the Venue Rep sign. The Venue Rep's signature is required to continue and to submit sales to SoundScan
- Click Clear to clear the signature and sign again
- Tap Save when finished
- Tap the Submit Venue Sales button
Clicking Submit Venue Sales will trigger the nightly SoundScan reports to go out to all parties saved to your User and Email Lists. The SoundScan report will provide a breakdown of albums sold, total quantities sold, and total revenue, along with the status of the submissions. The show will also now be moved from Open to Completed, and the SoundScan status on the show page is now also updated.
- On the Routing (Shows) screen, your show will display a blue checkmark next to it on the Routing (Shows) screen, indicating the submission is complete
- If you are working without a cellular or WiFi connection, the show will display the data sync icon, indicating the data has not yet been synched
The atVenu mobile app, Artist Manager, works on any iOS device both online and offline. You can use the Artist Manager mobile app to run and Settle your show even without cellular service or WiFi. Once your device regains an internet connection, re-launch and refresh the app to sync all the data back to your account. For more information, please see: Does the atVenu Artist Manager mobile app work offline?
On the Submission screen, a red warning will appear below any item that does not have a UPC saved. The UPC must be registered in the country the show takes place (USA or Canada) in order to submit sales.
SoundScan reporting is built into our Tour Merch Mgmt, Advanced Inventory, and MerchIQ packages but you must still have registered UPCs saved for all music items.
- Can I change the number of music sales I submitted to SoundScan?
- Why were my sales flagged or rejected by SoundScan?
- What is the SoundScan Reporting Period?
- Is a Venue Rep signature required to submit sales to SoundScan?
- How do I register my UPC/EAN code with SoundScan?
- How do I get the Artist Manager or Register apps on my iPad or iPhone?