Below is everything you need to know to process Sales, Returns & Exchanges, and issue Receipts & Refunds using atVenu Register.
Access the atVenu Register app:
- If you are using your own iOS device, and have not yet installed the atVenu Register app, please visit the App Store
- Log in to the app using your atVenu account or supplied vendor credentials
- Select your event (then select your Stand/Location if using a Venue/Festival/F&B account) to access the event. All items saved to the tour or distributed to the location will load automatically
- Enter your 4 digit Staff PIN if you are vending at a Venue or Festival that has Staff Mode enabled
Connect an atVenu Card Reader:
For more information on connecting your readers and hardware setup, please see: atVenu Register Hardware Setup & Troubleshooting
Create a Sale:
- Tap to select an item to add it to the cart
- If Discounts are enabled for your account, tap Add Discount to apply a discount to the item. You can select from preset % or $ amounts or enter a custom discount if enabled for your account. If Manager PIN codes are enabled for your account, you will be required to enter the Manager PIN to proceed
- Select a size if the item has multiple sizes
- Adjust quantity as needed
- Tap Checkout
Using Custom Amount:
- Tap the Custom Amount button to switch to Custom Amount mode. You can also default atVenu Register to Custom Amount under Menu > Settings > Default View
- Enter a custom amount and tap Checkout
If you do not see the Custom Amount option, it has been disabled for your account by an Account Owner.
Managing the Cart:
- To clear the cart, tap the Trash Can button
- To delete an individual item, swipe left and tap the red Delete button
- To return an item, add it to the cart, then swipe left on the item and tap the Return button
- To exchange an item, first add the item the customer wishes to exchange to the cart by selecting it from the inventory list and then selecting the size to be returned
- Then select the new item the customer wants by tapping the item and selecting the size
- Swipe left on the item you want to return
- Tap the Return button to process the return and the item being returned will now show a negative amount
For more information on processing exchanges, please see: How do I exchange an item if the sale has already been processed?
- With items added to the cart, tap Checkout
- If Discounts are enabled for your account, you can apply a discount to the entire transaction. Tap the Discount button, then select select from preset % or $ amounts or enter a custom discount. If Manager PIN codes are enabled, you will be required to enter the Manager PIN to proceed
- Select a Payment Method by tapping Credit Card, Cash or Split Payment
- Tap, insert chip card, or swipe to process a Credit Card payment
- Signature is not required
Manual Entry of Credit Card:
- Tap Manual Entry
- Enter the Credit Card number, Expiration, and CVC
- Tap Charge
For more information, please see: How do I manually accept credit cards in atVenu Register?
- Tap Received for exact cash or to make change manually
- Tap on the Cash amount field to enter a cash received amount and atVenu Register will calculate change
- Tap on the Amount to Charge field to enter an initial $ amount to apply
- Select Credit or Cash to apply the partial payment
- Select Credit or Cash to collect the balance
- If Tipping has been enabled for the account under Register Settings, customers will be presented with a Tipping screen after a credit card has been processed at checkout
For more information about Tipping, please see:
- Enabling and collecting Tips with atVenu Register (Artist Account)
- Enabling and collecting Tips with atVenu Register (Venue/Festival Account)
- Once payment has been collected, tap Receipt and then enter the customer's phone number or email address to send a digital receipt
- Tap Done to finalize the transaction
Post Transaction Receipts or Refunds:
Locate any transaction by searching the last 4 digits of the Credit Card, Last Name, or Order ID from the customer's receipt.
- Tap on the Menu button in the upper left corner
- Tap on the Transactions button from the menu
- Enter last 4 digits of the Credit Card, Last Name, or Order ID into the search bar at the top of the screen
- Tap Receipt to issue a digital receipt
- Tap Refund to issue a full or partial refund
For more information, please see:
- How do I process refunds in atVenu Register?
- How do I issue a receipt after the transaction has been processed?
Article is closed for comments.