atVenu Register does work in Europe as well as internationally, however it is still in BETA, and there are some currencies which are not supported at this time. Additionally, some customers have experienced an increased number of credit card declines while using atVenu Register internationally.
Declines are triggered by the customer's issuing bank and can occur anytime the bank suspects fraudulent activity. If the issuing bank notices a charge from an irregular point of sale (POS) it can trigger fraud suspicion and decline the charge. Touring bands are considered irregular since the POS is mobile, processing transactions in different cities, states, and even countries. This is compounded when banks notice transactions for POS businesses from one country processing transactions in another country.
Manual entry of the CC is one way to avoid or limit declines. The bank sees a manual entry as a card non-present transaction, like an internet order, and this will reduce the number of declines you'll experience while processing transactions in another country.
Note: The average rate of decline can range from 10-40%
All chipped credit cards can be swiped. Debit cards (with chip or without) cannot be swiped since these require a PIN code. atVenu does not currently have a Chip & PIN Reader solution. Our Lite and Pro Readers work internationally but are swipe only.
Accepted European Currencies:
atVenu Register is not currently supported in any country that doesn't use subunits (cents). These are considered zero-decimal currencies. atVenu is currently unable to process zero-decimal currencies through atVenu Register. Please see below for a list of unsupported currencies:
- BIF (Burundi)
- CLP (Chile)
- DJF (Djibouti)
- GNF (Guinea)
- JPY (Japan)
- KMF (Comoros)
- KRW (South Korea)
- MGA (Madagascar)
- PYG (Paraguay)
- RWF (Rwanda)
- UGX (Uganda)
- VND (Vietnam)
- VUV (Vanuatu)
- XAF (Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon)
- XOF (Benin, Burkina Faso, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Mali, Niger, Senegal, Togo)
- XPF (French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Wallis, Futuna)
Here are a few more important things to note when using atVenu Register internationally:
- You must have a US or Canadian Bank Account in order to set up atVenu Register
- atVenu Register will automatically default to the local currency for the country of the selected show
- All credit card charges will be processed in the local currency where the transaction occurred
- All deposits will be converted to the currency associated with your saved bank account (USD or Canadian Dollars)