If you're on our Tour Merch Mgmt, Advanced Inventory Mgmt, or MerchIQ packages, the process for adding shows to the Shows page is the same, although some of the show details become more crucial on MerchIQ to take advantage of Tour Planning and Forecasting.
To add a Show:
- Log in to your account at atVenu.com
- Click on Tours
- Click on Shows
- Click on Add Show
Enter the Show Details:
- Select show date, or date range if the show is a multi-day event
- Type the city or Venue name in the Search Venue/City field
- If the Venue already exists in the atVenu system, it will come up in the list. Select it, and the Venue details will automatically fill in
- If the Venue is not in our system, you can click the Create New Venue button at the bottom of the list to manually input all of the Venue details including address, phone, and capacity
Verified Venues: atVenu has a database of Verified Venues as indicated by a green Verified checkmark. A Venue is Verified when the details of the Venue have been verified by atVenu. This does not automatically mean that the Venue is approved in the SoundScan system for reporting music sales. For more information, please see: What is a Verified Venue?
- For new Venues, make sure to select the correct country
The country needs to match the Venue's location for reporting nightly music sales to SoundScan. UPCs can be registered with SoundScan for USA, Canada, or both, but the country saved to the Venue is what atVenu will use to submit nightly sales. If your UPC is not registered in that country, your sales will be rejected by SoundScan.
atVenu Settlements will automatically default to the currency for the country saved to the show, as long as you have the country saved correctly for the Venue in Routing. So, for example, if you're performing in Canada or England and have the country saved correctly, atVenu will automatically default to Canadian Dollars or British Pounds on the Settlement.
If you have selected a Venue from the list of Venues in the atVenu system, the details, including country will automatically fill in, and are not editable. If the country is incorrect, you can remove the Venue entry by clicking the X button in the Venue Name field. Then add a new Venue manually by clicking the Create New Venue button at the bottom of the Venue list and select the correct country.
Please also let us know so that we can correct the entry in our system. Please email support@atVenu.com with the Venue name for the incorrect country listing.
- Select Headliner, Support or Festival for the show type (This is particularly important if you're on our MerchIQ package)
- Edit Venue capacity as needed
- Enter a Venue Rep name. This is required to Settle your show and to submit music sales to SoundScan. You can add this later on the Nightly Count or Settlement page if you do not yet have the information
- Enter the Venue Rep email if you'd like them to receive a copy of the Settlement. This is optional but recommended by SoundScan
- Enter the Venue Rep phone number. This is required to Settle your show and to submit music sales to SoundScan. You can add this later on the Nightly Count or Settlement page if you do not yet have the information
- Enter the Venue Tax ID if available. This is not required but is good to have for your records
- Enter the Concession Company name if applicable
- Enter the Venue Merch and Music Cuts for the show once confirmed with the Venue Rep
- The Tax Rates are automatically entered for you based on the zip code for the Venue you've added. These fields are editable should you need to adjust once you confirm them with the Venue Rep
- Click Save Show or Save New to save and add another show