Once you've saved your shows, you'll want to add your music items in order to start submitting sales to SoundScan. Remember, you must enter UPCs and those UPCs must be registered with SoundScan in order to submit any sales.
If you prefer video, please see our SoundScan Reporter (Web) training video here: Intro to SoundScan Reporter on Web (Training Video). Jump to 04:05 to learn how to save music items.
To add music items on web (laptop or desktop):
- Log in to your account at atVenu.com
- Click on Music
- Click on Add Music
Enter the music item details:
- Add your album cover. You can drag and drop an image right to the thumbnail or click it to open the editor where you can drag and drop your image, position and save
- Enter the Description (Album Title) and Sale Price
- Select the Type from the dropdown (CD, Vinyl, etc)
Enter a UPC:
- Enter a valid, SoundScan registered UPC
atVenu will scan the SoundScan database to see if your UPC is registered for US, Canada, or both. A blue checkmark will let you know that the UPC is already registered with SoundScan. For more on this see: What do the blue check marks next to my UPC mean?
Only one UPC is required and can be registered in both Canada and the US. The additional field is for items that have 2 assigned UPC codes specific to each country (US and Canada).
- If you’re accepting pre-orders for your Music item, click the check box next to the word Pre-Order
If your item is a Pre-Order you will be required to enter the Official Release Date in addition to a Record Rep Contact Email. For more information on Pre-Orders see: Can I submit Pre-Orders to SoundScan?
- Click Save to finish or click Save & New to save and add another item
Add music items using the Artist Manager mobile app:
You can also add new music items using our Artist Manager mobile app, however you can not add images for these items. Images must be added by logging in to atVenu.com.
- Log in, then select your tour
- Tap on Inventory from the bottom of the Routing (Shows) screen
- Tap on Add Item in the upper right corner
- Enter the item details including a registered UPC
- Tap Save at the bottom of the screen