You can accept credit cards by manually entering CC's with atVenu Register when the customer's card can not be swiped or the magnetic strip can not be read.
- If Tipping is enabled while manually entering card numbers, the pre-authorization will include 20% to account for tips. The customer will see a pre-authorization on their statement for the amount of the transaction + 20%. If a tip is not entered upon checkout, the 20% is credited back to the customer
- Manually entering credit cards incurs our Card Not Present rate (Base Card Not Present rate: 2.89% + $0.30 per transaction)
- Manual CC entry is not available while offline
To process Credit Card sales manually:
- Add your items and quantities to the cart and tap the green Checkout button
- Tap Credit
- Tap Manual Entry
- Tap on the Card Number field and enter the credit card number
- Once you've entered the valid CC number, you'll be prompted to enter the expiration date
- Once you've entered the expiration date, you'll be prompted to enter the CVC code (This is the 3 digit code on the back of the card or 4 digit code for AMEX)
- Once you have entered all of the required information the Charge button will turn blue
- Once the button turns blue, tap it to process the transaction
If you do not enter all of the required information and then tap the Charge button the transaction will not be processed.