- SoundScan will only accept sales that occurred within atVenu during the current weekly reporting period of Friday - Thursday. All sales through atVenu must be submitted by Friday at 12:00pm / Noon EST.
- SoundScan will not process sales that occurred at libraries, YMCAs, malls, campgrounds, public and private schools, offices, lawn or house concerts. These are all ineligible Venue sites. If you are uncertain whether a venue site is eligible, please check with SoundScan up to 2 weeks prior to the event for confirmation.
- During the time that SoundScan needs to verify sales, If they are unable to confirm sales with the venue representative by Friday of the reporting week, SoundScan will not process the sales.
- Music that is sold at concerts prior to the albums’ release date should be reported when the product is sent to the consumer. Notification must be presented to SoundScan through atVenu or sales will be counted as if the consumer received the product at the show.
- Music sold at conventions and trade shows are only eligible if a ticket is sold separate from the convention ticket package. A consumer must have the option of either purchasing a ticket separate from the convention ticket package.
- Ticketing and CD bundling is not eligible
- Shows that occur in a retail store (in-store appearance) should be reported by the retail store along with proper advanced communication to SoundScan.
- Purchases made by one individual in bulk for redistribution or gifts are also ineligible venue sales and therefore will not be processed.
- Exclusives sold at venues are not eligible to chart.
Please contact the SoundScan Team with additional questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.