There are specific guidelines that must be followed for SoundScan to accept your submitted sales. Sales will be flagged and can be rejected if any of the following apply:
- Sales were submitted after the reporting deadline: Friday at 12pm / Noon EST
- Sales are greater than 125 units per show. SoundScan will need to verify these sales with the Venue Rep. If SoundScan is unable to verify the sales, they can be edited or rejected by SoundScan
- Minimum sale price was not met: Minimum price for an album is $3.49 or $.99 for a single
- Venue Rep signature does not match the Venue Rep name
- UPC was not valid or was not entered
- UPC was not registered at the time sales were submitted. It can take up to 2 weeks for SoundScan to process a new UPC registration. Once processed, it will be available in atVenu the following day
- UPC was not registered in the country the show took place (USA or Canada)
- UPC was not registered with SoundScan. To register a UPC please see: How do I register my UPC/EAN with SoundScan?
For more information and reporting rules or additional questions please contact: Music.Venues@mrcentertainment.com
You can view an audit log of your submissions with status updates and reasons for flagged or rejected sales:
- Access the Completed show view
- Locate a show and click anywhere on the show tile to load the Sales Submission page
- Click on the (i) Info button on the Sales Submission page
Also see: How do I check the status of sales submitted to SoundScan? (SoundScan Reporter)
Article is closed for comments.