With our Merch Mgmt packages, the best way to handle bundles is to input a financial adjustment on your Settlement page. Do not create a separate bundle item on your inventory page.
When you sell a bundle, keep a tally of how many you sell and the discount dollar amount for each. Do your Count In and Count Out as you normally would for each item. When you do, atVenu will calculate the Total Gross Sales based on your Counts and the regular prices saved for your items, without accounting for the bundles. Then, you can account for the bundle sales by entering a Show Adjustment on the Settlement.
Enter a Show Adjustment (Show Cost):
- Click on Click here to add a show adjustment
- Enter a description for the Show Adjustment. In our case, we'll enter: Bundles
- Use the Cost Type dropdown to select where the cost should be applied. In this scenario, use Off Top. This will reduce your Total Gross amount by the amount you are short from the bundle sales and reflect it in the Adjusted Gross
- Enter the total in the Total Cost ($) field. Enter the total amount you are short due to the bundles you sold
- You sold 4 bundles at $25 each = $100
- The total value of the items included in all 4 bundles based on the regular price = $150
- The difference is $50, so the Show Adjustment you enter should = $50
Bundles & atVenu Register:
If you're running atVenu Register, you'll want to process transactions using Custom Amount so you can charge specific dollar amounts. See the following articles on this topic:
For SoundScan Reporter Users:
If you're a SoundScan Reporter user and plan to sell bundles and report included music sales to SoundScan, see: SoundScan Music+Merch Bundle Policies