You can still collect Credit Cards if you have bad or intermittent internet access using Offline Mode. With Offline Mode enabled, atVenu Register will automatically switch between online and offline as network conditions allow. Transactions that occur while in Offline Mode will be stored on the device until an internet connection is restored. At that time, the stored transactions will be processed.
To enable Offline Mode:
- Log into your atVenu account at atVenu.com
- Click on the Menu button in the upper left corner
- Click on Register Setup from the slide-out menu
- The page will default to, or click Register Settings
- The page will default to, or click Offline Mode
- Enter the $ Transaction Limit you want to enforce while offline
- Enter the Authorization Timeout Limit you would like to allow
The Authorization Timeout lets you adjust how long atVenu Register tries to authorize a payment online. After the timeout period (seconds), the payment is moved into Offline Mode and will be processed as network conditions allow. By default, the limit is set to 10 seconds.
Offline transactions may get declined by the bank when processed. You are responsible for all declined transactions. Please ensure you get back online as soon as possible to limit your risk of declined transactions.
- Pro Readers and EMV/M2 Readers will work offline as long as Offline Mode is enabled for your account under Register Settings. An internet connection is required to initially pair an EMV/M2 Reader to the atVenu Register app
- WisePad Readers do not work while in Offline Mode
- Manual Credit Card entry does not work in Offline Mode
You can still enable Offline Mode even if your Register device does not have an internet connection. To enable Offline Mode in this case, please see: